Any firearm holder needs protection from their home to the office. This is where the BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe is the best in its kind. As a firearm owner, I recently bought myself one of these biometric safes to keep my rifles and some of my sensitive documents and equipment out of harm’s way. Since I have received it and mounted it in a safe place in my home, I am pleased to say that I am very impressed with this cabinet for a good reason and would like to share my review with you.
What Makes The BARSKA Quick Safe Special
The BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe provides you with loads of space to keep your valuables securely stashed away. Even for a person who does not have an armory of firearms, the rifle safe provides you with ample space to hold up to four rifles and fitted with a dependable biometric fingerprint reader storing up to 120 fingerprints.
With the fingerprint reader, you can easily open it safely and found that it takes plus minus 4 – 5 seconds to open. The advantage is that you only use one finger and need to keep the reader clean from smudges on a regular basis and best to wipe it clean after use.
There is no fumbling around in the dark by trying to remember password codes or combinations, to open as good in anyone’s books. All that you need to do is push the power button, scan your fingerprint on the provided optic sensor and the door opens.
Ample storage space
The interior of the BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe has a four position-resting place to keep your shotgun and rifle securely in an upright position. It has a small storage shelf that you can remove if you are in need of more space. With the shelf in place, you can store your spare magazines and ammo or use it to keep other important items safely packed away. The four positions-resting sections, one can remove as well.
The safe weighs in at 66 pounds, making it difficult for one person to move around and for ease of installing it has 6 mounting points found in the back of the gun safe. You receive the mounting hardware included. Once the gun safe arrived, I was able to mount it securely to a wall or even the floor as well.
It has a solid steel construction with a 3-point locking system preventing ease of access. According to the manufacturer, the scanning optical sensor is energy efficient and the provided 4 AA included batteries should last for up to 2-years (still need to prove this, as I have not owned it long enough.)
The color of the rifle safe is black and the complete constructions 2mm steel. Once you open the safe, it warns you with a beep sound and one can mute this function. In case the batteries fail, you have backup keys to access the gun safe. Alternatively, you can use the external battery pack that is great for changing the batteries with new ones.
Specifications and Features of the AX11652
- The AX11652 is front-opening rifle safe that you can either mount to the floor or a wall
- It is secured with a 3-point deadlocking system
- For ease of access the BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe can store up to 120 different fingerprints
- When opened the safe alerts you with a beeping sound that you can mute
- Designed with pre-drilled mounting holes and includes mounting hardware
- For backup, you receive two keys if the batteries fail to operate or the reader fails to scan
- The rifle safe has an emergency back-up battery pack and operates with 4 AA batteries supplied
- Made from 2mm steel and available in color black
- Dimensions: Exterior 8.6 x 9.8 x 52.17-inches, Interior 6.3 x 9.7 x 52-inches
- Weighs 66 lbs
- Not fireproof or waterproof
- 1-year limited warranty
- CA DOJ approved
What other Users Had To Say About The AX11652
In general, other users have provided some helpful BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe Reviews. They are pleased as the biometric reader works flawlessly and is easy to set up. The rifle safe is well constructed and durable and storing the fingerprints even if the battery fails is superb. The only negative remarks regarding this model are one person who said that it does not hold 4 long guns that have pistol grips and scopes attached to them. While another user commented that not all models of rifles fit into the safe.
Benefits and Disadvantages while using the AX11652
- I have found that I can easily access the AX11652 in the dark without the need of using a key
- The cabinet is easily accessible and a great benefit by means of the included finger reader as I am hopeless at remembering passwords
- The mute function is great as the beep sound can become annoying when used
- The provided back-up keys work as expected and the fact that you have an external battery pack is great
- The shelf and barrel holder is removable to provide more space if you need it
- As I do not personally own different types of rifles I have not found any defects in the rifle safe
- With the one customer previously mentioning that not all types of long rifles fit into the safe could be a problem for some
- At times, the finger reader will not scan your fingerprint and best to keep the reader clean and wipe it off when received before recording fingerprints and after use
The BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe is an excellent, safe to keep your rifles and handguns secure. The gun safe is easy to access in any type of situation by only using your finger. It has a sturdy design with durable construction to keep all your items out of prying hands. Although the safe is not fireproof or waterproof, it does carry the CA DOJ approval that is a plus for me. If you are looking for these features, you can expect to pay more as this model comes at an affordable price. If you need to keep your firearms out of the kids’ hands and still meet the requirements regarding having firearms at home this is your best solution.